Hands-on experience with HubSpot CMS is strongly preferred to be considered for this position. This is a front-end web development position, not a software development position.
HIVE Strategy is growing quickly and because of that, we are actively looking for additional HubSpot CMS/frontend website development support on our team (US based). We are an inbound marketing agency and Diamond HubSpot Solutions Partner. We work with clients across North America and in most industries. Our primary industries are Technology/SaaS, Education (including everything from coaches to charter school networks to major universities), and HubSpot users. And most importantly, we get sh*t done and done well!
We’re looking for a creative, self-driven, collaborative, and FUN Website Developer to support in the hands-on building and execution of client web and HubSpot projects.
The Web Developer is a web design and development position responsible for website design projects as well as smaller initiatives both internal and for client accounts. This role has some client-facing responsibilities including, but not limited to: technical consulting of web development capabilities, web development in HubSpot CMS, asset creation in HubSpot CMS (modules, templates, themes, etc.), web development testing, email development, and client training. This position needs to be confident in their own skills, as well as collaborative on the development and client success teams. This position will work alongside experts in the industry with years of experience in development, marketing, and HubSpot.
This position is 100% remote, but we are only hiring in the United States. Working hours are 9am-6pm Monday - Thursday and 8am - 4pm on Fridays in your timezone
- Responsible for the success of HIVE’s website projects for our clients as well as internal web development initiatives.
- Loading and styling templates into the HubSpot ecosystem and restyling them to match website’s branding
- Creating and packaging modules, themes, and templates to be sold in the HubSpot Asset Marketplace.
- Responsible for collaborating and working with internal Marketing Managers and designers to ensure the delivery of exceptional web solutions for our clients.
- Projects will mostly be built on the HubSpot CMS, but there may be some WordPress development, and API work as well.
- Involvement in internal project management system and client portals to support with website project phases including: requirements gathering, development, internal testing, user testing, launch, and post-launch support.
- Utilize strong attention-to-detail to create quality code.
- Give realistic time/labor estimates of work and deliver on those timelines.
- Engage in self-learning activities to improve technical skills.
- Proactively identify, troubleshoot, and address issues as they arise.
- Participate in code reviews with Senior Developer
- Monthly contribution to the HIVE Strategy blog.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred
- Some experience in HubSpot CMS is strongly preferred, including building email templates, landing pages templates, etc.
- Knowledge of backend programming logic in order to work with languages such as PHP on WordPress sites or other CMS.
- Experience with Advanced Custom Fields, Visual Composer, Custom Plugin Development in WordPress is preferred
- Experience building custom and from scratch modules, templates, and themes in the HubSpot CMS is strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of HubSpot both from a general user standpoint, as well as from a development perspective whether using the Visual Builder or coded templates is strongly preferred
- Understanding of and experience implementing SEO a plus
- Experience building APIs a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication and the ability to communicate challenges to project management and business leaders
- Strong QA process
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000/year + benefits